LINE COOK (LATE NIGHT SHIFT)- DENVER
As a Line Cook, at Bar Louie – your number one focus is ensuring every guest feels completely safe and satisfied when they enjoy the amazing “gastrogrub” prepared by you. You have the “hospitality gene” and truly care about people. Your style is fun but always professional. You have confidence but are never cocky. Your commitment to cleanliness and recipe adherence and presentation are far above average, and you are FAST - able to pivot from task to task while never cutting corners. A Line Cook is a critical role – in our gastrobar – and in the industry. You like being busy and demonstrate pride in your work – you eagerly offer assistance to anyone who needs it and you aren’t too proud to run dish; stock supplies; or bus a table. Your genuine care for others helps grow our business. Our guests keep coming back again and again to enjoy their Bar Louie favorites – consistently prepared by you.
- Exemplify Bar Louie’s Mission, Vision and Values in the way you approach your shift each day.
- Demonstrate a maniacal commitment to cleanliness; sanitation and safety.
- Learn the menu Top to Bottom and Inside and out so that you can seamlessly prepare and present every item with 100% adherence to the recipe specifications.
- Ensure all food is maintained and served at the correct temperature - Hot Food always Hot; Cold Food always Cold; and all items for 1 table ready at the same time.
- Ensure costs are controlled by accurately preparing each item.
- Maintain a clean and organized station. Always clean as you go.
- Work independently or a part of a team based on the needs of the shift with an ability to work all stations.
- Follow directions and appropriately communicate with Management and peers to accomplish goals.
- Quickly complete opening and closing duties each shift – setting up and tearing down the line to ensure you, your peers and your’ location are set for success.
- Follow all policies and processes communicated by your Manager or the Company.
- Provide accurate availability; check schedule regularly and have consistent attendance.
- Strictly adhere to all Company and government health and safety standards with a focus on Human Safety; Food Safety and Chemical Safety and Sanitation Standards
- Available to Work Late Night Shifts 10 pm to 2 am.
Skills and abilities
- The ability to communicate effectively with Managers and Team Members.
- The ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with TMs and Managers
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- The ability to memorize; prep; prepare and present all menu items to spec.
- The ability to safely utilize knives and equipment.
- The ability to multi-task; manage deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
Education and training
- Culinary training or education preferred
- Knowledge of restaurant prep and cooking methods
- Where required by law – food safety certification
- 3-6 months of related experience or training required
Basic physical requirements